Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Granola | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
Updated: Oct 25, 2020
Do you love chocolate, do you love peanut butter? Then you have to try these Chocolate Cupcakes with Low Carb Peanut Butter Granola. They are Amazing! Low carb baking is some what of a challenge for me. Therefore, I am all up for trying mixes and recipes from those that have perfected this task. Kawaii Treats And Eats has some incredible mixes for purchase. She has made it easy for us, all you need to do is a add few ingredients (ie. eggs, butter, etc.) to the mix, bake, and then eat. The Dark Chocolate Cake mix is to die for. It's tastes like the 'real' thing. I've made cakes with this mix, and now I've tried cupcakes. mmm, mmm, good. Basically you just need to make the cupcakes, make a simple fudge frosting, and then top with this homemade Low Carb Peanut Butter Granola. Make the granola ahead. It makes 12 servings so you will have plenty of extra to snack on, mix with some berries, or make it into a cereal by topping some with unsweetened almond milk or cream. Trust me, you will want all of the extra granola for yourself.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Granola Topping
| Low Carb | Gluten-Free
Cupcakes are made with Kawaii Treats And Eats Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
The mix makes 6 cupcakes or one 8x8 cake.
1. I package Dark Chocolate Cake Mix by Kawaii Treats and Eats. 2. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers. 3. Make cake batter according to the directions on the package, and divide batter among 6 cupcake molds.
3. While cupcakes cool, make Chocolate Fudge Frosting.
4. After cupcakes have cooled, top each cupcake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting and sprinkle with Peanut Butter Granola.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
3 ounces sugar-free dark or milk chocolate chips (such as ChocZero, Lily's, or Hershey's)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Heat the cream in a saucepan on the stove or in a bowl in the microwave. Be careful not to let it boil, but to let it bubble at the edges and stir. Remove from the heat just when you think it is almost about to simmer.
2. Add in chocolate chips and stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture turns glossy.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Granola:
Recipe is from All Day I Dream About Food
1 1/2 cups almonds
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder OR collagen protein powder
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water Directions:
For directions and video, go to All Day I Dream About Food.