Crispy Parmesan Chicken Cutlets | Low Carb | Keto | Gluten-Free
Updated: Jun 20, 2019
Whenever I make these Crispy Parmesan Chicken Cutlets, they disappear quickly so I am always sure to make extra so I have leftovers for the week. These chicken cutlets are a surprisingly fast and easy weeknight dinner. The secret to the richest, deepest flavor is to add a bit of butter to the skillet when frying. These crispy chicken cutlets are coated with Parmesan cheese and almond flour and the pan fried to perfection. If you have a cast-iron skillet, dig it out and use it when cooking these. The cast-iron skillet is great for making a nice crispy coating.
There are so many ways to serve these crispy chicken cutlets. Fresh from the skillet (our favorite way) served with a garden or arugula salad, or you can season with fresh herbs and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, or top with garlic butter (another favorite way), or serve with dipping sauces such as marinara sauce, buffalo hot sauce, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.
If you have leftovers, these cutlets make fantastic Chicken Parmesan. Top the chicken cutlets with marinara sauce (I like Rao's Homemade Arribbiata) and mozzarella cheese.
Crispy Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
1 1/2lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thin cut (or pound thinly to 1/4 inch thick)
1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond flour or Blue Diamond Finely Sifted Almond Flour
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried parsley or 1 tsp fresh parsley (optional)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
8 T olive oil, divided
2 T butter (optional)
1. In a shallow bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, almond flour, salt and pepper with a fork.
2. In a second shallow bowl, add eggs and beat lightly.
2. Dredge each piece of chicken in egg, then coat with the almond flour Parmesan mixture.
3. Heat 6 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet or a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook cutlets, adding remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan between batches, until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain and season again with salt. Place the chicken cutlets on a clean baking sheet, or baking dish, and place in the warm oven while you cook the second batch. Garnish with parsley.
1. Add 1 T butter to the olive oil while cooking to add another level of flavor!