Gingersnap Spiced Pecans - Keto | Low Carb
Gingersnaps or anything spiced with cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and molasses at holiday time is always high on my list. For a quick Christmas treat. I made batch of Gingersnap Spiced Pecans to keep on hand for snacking and for adding to holiday baked goods. These crispy pecans are coated in brown sugar (replacement) and all the spices of a gingersnap cookie. I used just a smidgen of blackstrap molasses to give that bold flavor that I crave. Blackstrap molasses has a strong flavor and is pretty low in sugar content. Due to the strong flavor you need just a bit. Which will keeps this recipe keto an low carb friendly (plus it is high in magnesium which is a plus for us lowcarbers). You must try these toasted pecans that are covered with a sweet and crispy coating that is bursting with the flavors of gingersnaps (gingerbread). Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and a hint of molasses! Perfect for your next holiday party! They are simple to make
Gingersnap Spiced Pecans Keto | Low Carb
Ingredients: 10 oz pecan halves
1/2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener, Brown
1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven to 200F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. If using foil, spray with coconut or avocado oil.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the brown Swerve, black strap molasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and water. Mix well (the mixture should be a thick pour-able consistency).
4. Gently stir in the pecan and mix to coat.
5. Place your coated pecans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven. Allow pecans to cool completely.
Nutrition: Coming ..