Blueberry Brownies | Lowcarb | Gluten-Free
Blueberries in brownies? Yes, yes, yes! Adding blueberries to your brownies makes moist, decadent, super delicious brownies. Blueberries and dark chocolate hold powerful properties, as they are both antioxidants, and the strength in these two foods together is nothing but impressive. These brownies are studded with fresh blueberries and then topped with more fresh blueberries, which is where you will get the most blueberry taste. The chocolate is the dominant flavor here and when you get a bite with a blueberry it is heavenly. The best part - these are gluten-free, nut-free (no almond flour), lowcarb, keto and diabetic friendly. Made with SunFlour (sunflower seed flour), dark cocoa, blueberries, and a combination of sweeteners (monkfruit and allulose). The allulose sweetener plays important part here for the chewy texture.
If you are brownie lover, you NEED to make these!
Blueberry Brownies | Lowcarb | Gluten-Free | Grain-Free Serves: 12
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cup SunFlour, Sunflower Seed Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
125g allulose sweetener*
125g granular monkfruit sweetener*
10 drops liquid stevia (optional for sweeter brownies) 5 Tbsp butter
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
3/4 cup fresh blueberries, divided (1/2 cup for batter, 1/4 cup for topping)
*Note: 125g is a scant 2/3 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine SunFlour (sunflower seed flour), cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, toss 1/2 cup of the blueberries with cocoa powder to coat. Set aside. You will use the remaining 1/4 cup blueberries for topping.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Remove from the microwave and add sweeteners, whisk until sweeteners are dissolved.
5. Set chocolate mixture aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Add in the eggs, and vanilla.
6. Stir in the dry mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and the cocoa powder covered blueberries.
7. Transfer your brownie batter into the lined pan. Bake your brownies for 27-30 minutes.
8. Remove brownies from the oven and immediately top with remaining blueberries. Gently press them into the warm brownies. Nutritional Information: 5.2g protein; 8.6g fat; 2.2g net carbs