Breakfast Sausage Stuffed Sweet Peppers | Keto | Low Carb
Change up your breakfast routine with this recipe for Breakfast Sausage Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers — low carb, protein-filled, vegetable-filled, cheese-filled, breakfast sausage-filled peppers. These bite-size peppers have something for everyone, they are loaded with cream cheese, sausage, and a hint of garlic. These stuffed peppers are perfect for brunch, lunch, breakfast, or even serve up as an appetizer at your next party. Mini sweet peppers are slightly sweet which complements the tangy creaminess of the cream cheese and richness of the breakfast sausage.
You can make ahead and keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. Which makes it a great dish to make and serve for a crowd. I like to make these ahead for at the holidays for special occasions. You can make for Easter Brunch, Christmas Breakfast, or for occasions such as a Bridal or Baby Shower Luncheon, etc.
Breakfast Sausage Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Servings: Makes 8 to 10 Peppers
Ingredients: 4 oz ground breakfast sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
8 to 10 mini sweet peppers
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder Note: The number of peppers you make depends on size of peppers. Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems attached. Remove seeds and membranes to make room for stuffing. Set aside.
3. In a pan brown sausage, breaking it up into small crumbles. Drain, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cooked sausage, shredded cheese, salt, and garlic powder.
4. Fill the halved peppers will spoonfuls of the sausage and cream cheese mixture, and then place the peppers in a prepared baking dish or on parchment linked baking sheet.
5. Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
A short rimmed baking dish such as a porcelain quiche dish is prefect for making appetizers. You can bake and serve right in the same dish.
Nutritional Information: (1 Stuffed Pepper) Calories 107.2 Total Fat 9.0 g Total Carbohydrate 2. 6g Dietary Fiber 0.3 g Protein 4.1 g Net Carbs: 2.3 g