Cheesy Scalloped Turnips | Keto | Low Carb | Vegetarian
Looking for a side dish for a Sunday or holiday dinner? These Cheesy Scalloped Turnips are fantastic. They are a great alternative to Scalloped Potatoes for anyone watching their carb intake. When baked in a cheesy sauce, these turnips have the same texture as potatoes. They do taste a bit different than potatoes - they have a little bite/tang if you will. I really like the taste, and it yells holiday time to me. This dish is rich, delicious, and comforting. These scalloped turnips can be paired up with a prime rib roast, ham, lamb or roast chicken. These Cheesy Scalloped Turnips are prefect for any holiday or Sunday dinner. Serve for dinner at Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any special occasion. This can be made the day before and reheated.
Cheesy Scalloped Turnips | Keto | Low Carb | Vegetarian Ingredients:
4 cups Turnips (peeled and thinly sliced)
1/2 cup sliced onion
3 tablespoons Butter or Ghee
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 teaspoon Salt
1 dash Cayenne Pepper or black pepper (or both)
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese (for topping)
1 dash Paprika (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat one tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, cook stirring frequently for about 5 minutes are until the onion is softened.
3. Add heavy cream, whisking as you pour; bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low and whisk in cheddar cheese.
Add salt, and cayenne and/or black pepper. Continue to stir.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Layer half the sliced turnips into the baking dish.
7. Pour half the onion cheese sauce over the turnips.
8. Repeat with the remaining turnips and sauce.
9. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of paprika.
10. Bake for 1 hour or until turnips are soft and tender.
Nutritional Information: Coming....