Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fat Bombs | Keto | Low Carb | Sugar-Free | Paleo
Updated: Nov 25, 2018
Did you know these Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fat Bombs could help you loose weight, stop sugar and carb cravings, and taste awesome all that same time? Fat bombs are small snacks or treats that are high-fat, low-protein, and low in carbs. These chocolaty snacks are a convenient source of energy and are ideal for those who need to add healthy fats into their diet to help meet personal macro-nutrients. Top them with chopped walnuts. Or you can dust with cocoa powder, or sugar-free confectioners style sweetener before serving.
Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fat Bombs
Keto | Low Carb | Sugar-Free
6 oz. sugar-free chocolate chips, such as Lily's
1/3 cup mashed avocado (about 1 small avocado)
1 T coconut oil (solid form)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
cocoa powder , for dusting (optional)
Swerve, confectioners style for dusting (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible. Set aside
2. Over a double boiler, combine the chocolate, vanilla extract, coconut oil and pinch of salt, and melt until completely smooth.
3. Stir the mashed avocado into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth and thickened.
4. Remove chocolate mixture from the heat.
5. Spoon the mixture into candy molds or these cute Ikea ice cube trays. If making walnut version, add chopped walnuts to your molds prior to spooning in the chocolate mixture. Place fat bombs (in the molds) in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until set.
Note: If you do not have molds, use a small (1-1/2 inch) ice cream scoop to scoop out the mixture onto a parchment lined pan (if mixture is too thin for scooping, chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to make scooping easier).
6. Remove the fat bombs from the molds and keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
When ready to eat, remove from fridge/freezer and defrost for a few minutes before serving. Dust with cocoa and/or confectioners Swerve.
To make these fun shape Chocolate Avocado Fudge Fat Bombs,
I used this fun shaped Ikea ice cube trays. They worked great!
Nutritional Information (per 1 fat bomb):
Calories 77.9 Total Fat 6.7 g Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
Protein 1.0 g