Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars are heavenly. A creamy chocolate peanut butter ice cream dipped in a homemade magic shell makes for the perfect summer-time treat. All ingredients are low carb, keto, and gluten-free friendly. I used a natural peanut butter and sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
If you don't have popsicle molds on hand, don't fret, you can make these in paper cups and small juice glasses.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars:
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup Swerve, confectioners' style
Popsicle Molds. I like these molds for ice cream bars
Chocolate Magic Shell:
1 cup good-quality sugar free chocolate chips, such as Lily's
2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil (in solid form)
1. In a large bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add almond milk, vanilla, Swerve, and peanut butter, beat until well blended and stiff peaks form.
3. Spoon into popsicle molds (the number of ice cream bars depends on size of molds, I made 10 ice cream bars with these molds). Gently tap molds on counter to release any air bubbles. Place wooden popsicle sticks in the center of each. (Note: If you do not have popsicle molds you can use paper cups or small juice glasses).
4. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove ice cream bars from the molds. You may need to run the molds under warm water (being careful to not get the ice cream bars wet). Keep the bars in the freezer until you are ready to dip them.
5. Line a backing sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
6. Make Chocolate Magic Shell by adding the chocolate chips and vegetable (or coconut) oil to a bowl, and melting in the microwave. (I find using a deep bowl makes it easier for dipping.
7. Dip each ice cream bar into the chocolate shell. Place the dipped ice cream bars onto the baking sheet. Place the ice cream bars in the freezer.
Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 4.5g, Dietary Fiber 0.5g, Protein 3.4g, Total Net Carbs 4g