Creamy Mushroom Soup | Low Carb | Keto
There’s nothing quite as comforting as a giant bowl of soup for dinner on a chilly evening. This soup is simple to make and can be made in under 30 minutes, making a perfect weeknight meal. The base of the soup is made with chicken bone broth. Bone broth is highly nutritious, protein packed, stock used in soups and stews. It also adds depth and flavor to this mushroom soup. Mushroom soups are normally thickened with a roux made with flour, however I've learned to thicken the soup with pureed mushrooms making it gluten-free and lowcarb/keto friendly. Before adding the cream to the soup, you reserve some of the mixture and puree it in a blender or food processor and then return it back to the soup. Then finish of the soup with heavy whipping cream or half and half. It is so luscious and delicious! Serve with a salad and a low carb bread or biscuit. Perfect comfort food!
Creamy Mushroom Soup | Low Carb | Keto Serves: 6 Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon avocado oil
1/2 large onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 1/2 lb fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups sliced)
1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine (optional)
2 teaspoons dried dill weed or dried thyme
1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
2 cups chicken bone broth (I like Kettle & Fire)*
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
1/2 cup heavy cream
*Use Discount Code: DEB.MAKES.LOWCARB.DELISH on your Kettle & Fire Bone Broth order to save 20%
1. Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted.
2. Place your onions in the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for an additional 5 to 10 minutes until mushroom are browned and moisture from mushrooms has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour in the wine and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Add in the dill, coconut aminos and bone broth. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Thicken the soup: remove the soup from the heat, and ladle about one third into either a blender or food processor. Puree the mixture until smooth. Return the pureed mixture back to the soup pot.
5. Stir in heavy cream and heat through (do not boil).
Serve immediately, garnish with parsley. If you have leftover mushrooms you can saute them and use as garnish as well. Soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information: Calories 122 Total Fat 8.3g Total Carbohydrate 6.6g Dietary Fiber 1.7g Net Carbs 4.9g Note: I'm participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.