Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
I have tried a variety of sugar-free, low carb, keto cookies. Some I like, some I don't. These Peanut Butter cookies I like (alot) and are my favorite. I modified a traditional 3-ingredient PB cookie recipe that is made with peanut butter, egg, and sugar. I tried making that recipe with a sugar substitute but they seemed dry and crumbly. After a little tweaking I think I've come up with a great cookie by adding just a few ingredients. As we all know, when it comes to low carb | keto baking, baked goods are not exactly the same as the 'real' thing. But I find these to be very close and satisfies the cookie craving.
These flourless peanut butter cookies are super easy to make. You probably have all the ingredients on hand in your kitchen. You can make the dough ahead and bake the cookies later. Sometimes I make the dough and keep it in the fridge, and bake 1 or 2 at a time. It keeps me from eating the entire batch all at once.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 14 cookies
Note: This recipe may change in consistency depending on the brand of peanut butter used. I have not tried this recipe with other peanut butters.
1 cup Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Swerve sweetener
1 1/2 tsp Crisco shortening
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract (my favorite)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add all ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork or spatula. \
3. Chill in fridge for about 30-60 minutes. It makes it easier to handle the dough.
4.f Shape cookie dough into 1 inch balls (I use approximately 1 tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie ball)
5. Place cookie balls on prepared baking / cookie sheet
6. Flatten very slightly with a fork making crosshatch design on top of each cookie with a fork
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake! Baking time depends on the size and thickness.
7. Let cookies cool at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheet. This is an important step. The cookies will be very delicate and break apart easily when the first come out of the oven. Let them sit and cool, then transfer to a cooling rack.
The cookies are best served after completely cooled. They are even better the next day. Store in an airtight container for 1 week. Or you may freeze them (they freeze very well).
Calories 117.6 Total Fat 9.9 g Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g Dietary Fiber 1.1 g Net Carbs 2.9g
Sugars 1.7 g Protein 4.5 g