Low Carb Hamburger Patties with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Green Fried Cabbage (From Diet Doctor)
Updated: Jun 6, 2018
The Diet Doctor has been one of my go-to sites for awesome keto & low carb recipes. I been referring back to the Diet Doctor since I change my way of eating 2 years ago. It's a great support site giving tips, recipes, videos, and offers wonderful guides on getting started.
This main course of Hamburger Patties with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Green Fried Cabbage is one my favorites! The burgers are stuffed with feta cheese, pan fried, and then topped with a creamy tomato sauce, and the Green Fried-Cabbage is the perfect side dish. I cooked the hamburger patties in a cast iron skillet which gives the burgers t a wonderful caramelized crust, while keeping the burgers juicy and very moist.
This dish all around makes perfect keto / low carb dinner. Be sure to make enough for leftovers! I am sharing the recipe below.
Low Carb Hamburger Patties with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Green Fried Cabbage by the Diet Doctor
Recipe from Diet Doctor
Makes: 4 Servings
1½ lbs ground beef (I used 80/20 ground beef)
3 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 oz. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
1⁄6 oz. butter, for frying
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
1 oz. fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste or ajvar relish
salt and pepper
Fried Green Cabbage
1½ lbs shredded green cabbage
4¼ oz. butter
salt and pepper
I added 1 medium onion, sliced
1. Add all ingredients for the hamburgers to a large bowl. Blend it using a wooden spoon or your clean hands. Don't over mix since that can make your patties tough. Use wet hands to form eight oblong patties.
2. Add butter and olive oil to a large frying pan, such as the cast iron skillet. Fry over medium-high heat for at least 10 minutes or until the patties have turned a nice color. Flip them a few times for even cooking.
3. Add tomato paste and whipping cream to the pan when the patties are almost done. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving.
Butter-Fried Green Cabbage
1. Shred the cabbage finely using a food processor or sharp knife. (I sliced with a sharp knife)
2. Add butter to a large frying pan.
3. Place the pan over medium high heat and sauté the shredded cabbage for at least 15 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and golden brown around the edges.
4. Stir regularly and lower the heat a little towards the end. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Items used to make this dish, can be purchased by clicking on the items below:
Nutritional Information for Hamburger Patties and Gravy:
Total Fat 54.9 g Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g Dietary Fiber 0.3 g Protein 35.8 g Net carbs: 3.2 g
Nutritional Information for Fried Cabbage:
Total Fat 12.0 g Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g Dietary Fiber 4.1 Protein 2.7 Net Carbs: 5.6 g