Maple Walnut Scones | Low Carb | Keto
Updated: Apr 25, 2018
These delightful Walnut Scones with a Maple Glaze are a tender low carb scone recipe with walnuts speckled throughout and finished with a sugar-free glaze. The Maple Glaze adds just the right sweetness without any guilt. These are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
These scones were derived from a basic low carb scone recipe that I always use. The recipe can be adapted to your liking in making other flavors, such as blueberry, peach, orange glazed, etc.
Maple Walnut Scones
4g Net Carbs per Serving, Serves 8
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup Swerve, granular (your favorite sweetener)
3 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg
¼ cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup Swerve, confectioners style
2 T heavy cream
1/8 t maple extract (I use this brand)
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the walnuts, and mix gently. Add the egg, cream, and vanilla extract and stir until the dough comes together.
3. Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet and pat into a circle, 7 to 8 inches in diameter. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 even wedges. Separate carefully and space out on the baking sheet.
4. Bake 20 to 250 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool on the pan.
5. Make maple glaze: In a small bowl add the confectioners style Swerve, heavy cream, and maple extract. Mix until well combined. Drizzle glaze over cooled walnut scones.