Orange Glazed Scones with Walnuts | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
Sweet tender scones packed with nuts and orange peel then topped with an orange glaze make a scrumptious treat with a cup of tea or coffee. The orange zest adds a delicate flavor to the scones that is complimented by the crunch of the walnuts, and the easy glaze takes them over the top. These are made with a combination of almond flour and SunFlour sunflower flour, making a very tender scone that is not dry and crumbly and more cake like. They are delectable, and perfect for tea time or breakfast! Serve warm with your favorite cup of tea or coffee.
Orange Glazed Scones with Walnuts
Serves: 10 Ingredients: 2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Monkfruit, classic style
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp SunFlour (sunflower flour)*
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter
1 large egg
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 2 Tbsp sugar-free orange marmalade
*Use Discount Code: DEB10 on your Sunflour purchase Directions:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Monkfruit, baking powder, salt, and chopped walnuts.
3. In a separate, small bowl whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla. Add mixture to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter. Mix gently until the dough just starts to come together. Do not over mix the dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and pat in a circle, 6 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. 7. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the orange marmalade and set aside.
8. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut into 10 even wedges (or cut into squares). Separate carefully and space out on the baking sheet.
9. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and just set. Remove from the oven and immediately brush with melted orange marmalade. Let cool on the pan.
Nutritional Information: coming ...