Peanut Butter Cookies with Sunflower Seed Flour (SunFlour) | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
These Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make, delicious and filled with good-for-you ingredients. I've modified my no-flour peanut butter cookies by adding in sunflower seed flour and few other ingredients. You may ask why? The main reason is to add more vitamins, minerals, and protein. Sunflower seed flour is loaded with Vitamin E, Magnesium, Zinc, and Selenium just to name a few. These vitamins and minerals are great for immune system and the extra protein makes each cookie a rich and satisfying treat. These nutrient-rich cookies are great for a midday snack or even breakfast to boost your energy, plus they are delicious, keto/low carb/gluten-free friendly.
Sunflower Seed Flour (SunFlour) Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup natural salted peanut butter, creamy or chunky (I used Skippy Super Chunk)
6 tablespoons Swerve, confectioners style
1/4 cup @think.eat.live SunFlour (sunflower seed flour)*
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
*Note: Almond flour can be substituted for the sunflower seed flour.
1. In a mix bowl, combine peanut butter and confectioners style Swerve until creamy. Add in the egg, vanilla, Sunflour and coconut flour. Stir together until well-mixed. The dough will be thick and dense.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to make 12 evenly size balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly by pressing down with a fork. Optional: top the cookies with chocolate chips
4. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over bake.
5. The cookies will be soft to the touch when they come out of the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet before serving.
Note: As the cookies rest they will be come harder (not dry),
Nutritional Information: Serving: 1 Cookie | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates:6.5g | Protein: 4.6g | Fat: 11.2g |Fiber: 2g | NET CARBS: 4.5g