Updated: Jul 21
I know I just posted about pizza, but heck it's National Pizza Day!! So saying once I again I will tell you "I love, love, love pizza"!
I recently came across a new (to me) No Dough Low Carb Pizza Crust that has blown me away. There are all kinds of low carb / keto friendly pizza recipes out there, and I'm always willing to try them all. My goal lately is find the lowest carb, simple to make, and most delicious pizza. This Pizza Pie is high up on the scale for a simple and delicious way to get my pizza fix without the carbs. The crust is made from cheese and eggs only (no flour at all). I know what your thinking - no way can that taste good. Please try it out - it is delicious. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The crust is not your typical chewy brick oven pizza crust, but boy, it totally fixes my crazy craving for pizza. It is best eaten with a fork - remember, it's pie!
The recipe I'm sharing with you makes one Pizza Pie, making it a perfect personal pizza. But it is large enough to share that is. The pizza pie is approximately 8g net carbs for the entire pie (depending on your sauce and toppings). I made mine with my favorite pizza sauce, pepperoni, sausage, onions, and green peppers. Enjoy!
Mix mozzarella cheese and egg
Spread mixture in pie plate
Bake until edges are golden brown
Top with favorite toppings and bake until cheese melts. Eat!
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (whole milk)
1 tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Pizza sauce or Tomato Sauce (low carb of course)
Meats (pepperoni, sausage, ham, etc.)
Vegetables (green or red bell peppers, onion or green onion, mushrooms, olives, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
3. Prepare a 9 inch pie plate by spraying the bottom with olive oil
4. Place the cheese mixture in the pie plate and spread with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
5. Place into the oven on the center rack and allow to bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges are deep golden brown and the center is a very light golden brown. The center should be firm and should not jiggle at all but shouldn’t be too brown.
6. Remove the cooked pizza crust from the oven.
7. Top the pizza crust as you desire (with sauce, cheese, toppings) and place back into the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Note: Allow to sit about 10 minutes so it will set. It maybe a little sloppy when you take out the first piece and you may need to eat with a fork and knife. However, as it cools it will set nice. And it makes great leftovers and reheats very well.
Optional: You may add some Italian spices to the crust mixture (such as basil, oregano, etc.)