Pumpkin Chiffon Pie - Keto/Low Carb/Sugar-Free
Updated: Nov 18, 2021
Impress your family this Thanksgiving with this Pumpkin Chiffon Pie. It is a lighter, airier version of traditional pumpkin pie. This is a no bake pie in such that the filling is cooked on the stove top & cooled, then you fold in a meringue into the cooked pumpkin filling that has been stabilized with unflavored gelatin. This makes for a light, airy pie filling. You then pour the filling into this delicious pie crust that is made with @lollicookieclusters Pumpkin Spice Granola. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Delish!
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE - KETO / LOW CARB/ SUGAR-FREE Ingredients:
1 Pumpkin Spice Pie Crust (see recipe)
1 cup Allulose sweetener*
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
Pumpkin Spice Granola Pie Crust:
6 oz Pumpkin Spice Granola by Lolli's Cookie Clusters (Use Coupon: DEB10)
3 T melted butter
1. Pulverize Pumpkin Spice Cookies Clusters. Pour into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Mix in melted butter into the pulverized cookies until combined.
3. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until crust is set.
Pumpkin Chiffon Filling:
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together 3/4 cup sweetener, gelatin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg yolks, and heavy cream until smooth. Pour into the sauce pan with the sweetened mixture.
3. Place saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and small bubbles are starting to form around the edges. Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl, cool to room temperature.
4. When the filling has cooled, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Continue beating, gradually adding the remaining 1/4 cup of sweetener (1 tablespoon at a time) until stiff peaks form.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture, pour it into the cooled pie shell.
6. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight until firm, then top with sweetened whipped cream & dust with cinnamon.