Savory Rosemary Lavender Scones | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
Scones are one my favorite baked goods, and I much enjoy baking and eating them! Not all scones are sweet like some think. A savory scone is similar to a flavored biscuit, but richer and more tender. I use my basic scone recipe and eliminate the sweetener, and add in herbs, spices, and cheese to make them savory. These Rosemary Lavender scones are delightful and make a perfect accompaniment to salad, soup, stews. They can be served for breakfast, brunch, or with dinner. I really enjoy the pungent flavor of the rosemary with a hint of salty lavender. These two flavors combined together remind of a spring. Rosemary Lavender Savory scones will elevate any meal, and are prefect to be served on special occasions such Mother's Day, a spring brunch, a wedding shower, or just because. These scones are made with almond flour, cream and butter making a tender, light flaky scone. They are rich in flavor, and the addition of lavender sea salt makes an amazing flavor profile in these savory scones. Using craft salts is fairly new to me and I'm learning these really bring my cooking and baking up a notch! I highly recommend you experiment with good-quality flavored sea salts.
Savory Rosemary Lavender Scones
Serves:8 Ingredients: 2 cups almond flour
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp Syracuse Salto Co. Lavender Sea Salt * 1½ Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2 Tbsp butter
1 large egg
¼ cup heavy cream
* Note: Can substitute other flavored or plain sea salt, or use 1/4 tsp regular table salt.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, rosemary, lavender sea salt, baking powder.
3. In a separate, small bowl whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla. Add mixture to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter. Mix gently until the dough just starts to come together. Do not over mix the dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and pat in a circle, 6 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 even wedges. Separate carefully and space out on the baking sheet.
8. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and just set. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more Lavender Sea Salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information: Coming ...