Snickerdoodle Cookies with Pastel Colored Sugar-Free Sprinkles | Keto | Low Carb
Updated: Apr 11, 2020
These Soft & chewy Snickerdoodle cookies are covered in cream cheese frosting and decorated with Pastel Colored Sugar-Free Sprinkles for a special touch. The colored sugar is so fun, and easy to make. The great thing is it can be made with sugar alternatives, such as Swerve sweetener, Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener, Z Sweet sweetener, etc. All you need is your favorite sweetener and food coloring to make the colored sugar-free sprinkles. The sprinkles can made to match your event. Spring colors for Easter, red and green for Christmas, school colors for high school graduation, wedding colors for a bridal shower, pink and blue for baby shower, Green for St. Patrick's Days (such as these Chocolate Fudge Mint Cookies), etc. For the cookies, I used Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Cookie Mix from Kawaii Treats and Eats. There are other flavored cookie mixes available that would make great cookies for frostinga and decorated with sugar-free sprinkles. Such as the Chewy Sugar Cookie or Fudgy Chocolate Cookie mixes.
Snickerdoodle Cookies with Pastel Colored Sugar-Free Sprinkles | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten Free
Makes: 12 to 14 Cookies Snickerdoodle Cookies Ingredients:
1 pkg Kawaii Treats and Eats Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Cookie Mix, Or their Nut Or Seed Butter Cookie Mix* Note: Use almond butter or any nut or seed butter in the Nut Butter Or Seed Cookie mix to make a chewy sugar-cookie type cookie - they are delicious!
Note: Use DMLCD10 coupon for 10% of your order at Kawaii Treats and Eats
1. Make Snickerdoodle Cookies according to package directions. Let cool completely.
2. Make pastel colored sugar-free colored sprinkles (see below). Set aside
3. Make cream cheese frosting (see below). Set aside
4. Frost cookies with cream cheese frosting, and decorate with pastel colored sugar-free sprinkles.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese
2 to 3 Tablespoons Swerve sweetener, confectioners style
1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract.. Slowly add in heavy cream until you get the desired consistency.
Pastel Colored Sugar-Free Sprinkles
For each color you will need:
2 Tablespoons Granular Swerve Sweetener (or other sweeteners: Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, or Z Sweet Sweetener)
1 to 2 drops of Liquid Food Coloring (I used neon pink, purple, and blue)
1. Place the granular sweetener into a plastic container or glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Place one drop of the food coloring onto the sweetener, close the lid, and shake vigorously for about 1 minute. Adjust color with additional food coloring and repeat if the color is too light.
2. Spread in a thin layer on a baking sheet or plate, and break up any large lumps. Allow to dry thoroughly, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sift or press through sieve to return sweetener to its original texture, if needed.
For the Pastel Colored Sugar-Free Sprinkles, use Granular style Swerve. For the Cream Cheese Frosting, use Confectioners style Swerve.