Soft Pretzels with Cheese Sauce| Keto | Low Carb
Updated: Feb 1, 2019
It's Sunday football time! Football and cheese dip seem to go hand and hand. How about a batch of Keto Soft Pretzels dipped in homemade cheese sauce while you watch the game? Oh yes! These are fantastic and make for perfect cheese dippers. They are great right out of the oven or reheated. These freeze well, therefore they can be made ahead and reheated.
This recipe makes 12 good size soft pretzels. Each pretzel (plain) is only 1g net carbs! Enjoy dipping these in this low carb creamy cheese sauce!
Soft Pretzels with Cheese Sauce | Keto | Low Carb
Soft Pretzels Recipe:
The soft pretzel recipes is from: My Keto Kitchen
3 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Whole Milk, shredded
4 tablespoons of Cream Cheese
1 ½ cups of Almond Flour
2 teaspoons of Xanthum Gum
2 Eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons of Dried Yeast, approximately 1 sachet
2 tablespoons of Warm Water
2 tablespoons of Butter, melted
1 tablespoon of Pretzel Salt
1. Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
2. In a microwave safe dish, place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and microwave in 30 sec increments, stirring in between, until fully melted and almost liquid.
3. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow it to sit and activate for 2 minutes.
4. In your stand mixer (using the dough hook attachment), place the almond meal and xanthum gum and mix well.
5. Add the eggs, yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and mix well.
6. Add the hot melted cheese to the stand mixer and allow it to knead the dough until all the ingredients are fully combined. Around 5-10 minutes.
7. Split the dough into 12 balls. The dough is easiest to work with while it is warm.
8. Roll each ball into a long skinny log and twist into a pretzel shape. Place on a lined cookie sheet and give a little space with side as the pretzels will rise.
9. Brush the pretzels with the remaining butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
10. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
11. When the pretzels are golden brown, remove them from the oven. Don’t burn your fingers trying to eat them immediately.
Notes: 1. The only change I made to the recipe was that I buttered the tops twice before baking (see step 9) . 2. Be sure to spend the time kneading your dough (see step 6)
Cheese Sauce | Low Carb
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp butter, preferably grass-fed
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
pinch salt if needed (I like pink Himalayan)
1-2 tbsp water or more cream if you need to thin it down
1. Place the cream and butter into a small sauce pan and gently heat up. Grate the cheddar cheese, set aside.
2. Stir until melted and bring to a simmer. Once you see bubbles, remove from the heat.
3. Add grated cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix until smooth and creamy. If too thick, add a splash of water or more cream.