Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Scones | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
Tender, buttery, flaky scones filled with strawberries and chocolate will melt in your mouth. Loaded with dark chocolate chunks and fresh strawberries, these scones make a perfect breakfast or dessert. These scones are delicious warm out of the oven, with every bite having melty warm chocolate chunk in it. They are just as good room temperature as well (you could always warm in the microwave if melty chocolate chunks is desired).
These are made with almond flour, coconut flour, butter, cream, monkfruit, dark chocolate, and fresh strawberries. The combination of ingredients I use lends to an amazing buttery tender flaky scone. The best part is they are low carb, sugar free, gluten free, and delicious!
Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Scones
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup Monkfruit, classic style
3 Tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 oz dark chocolate (sugar free or low sugar)
2 Tbsp butter
1 large egg
¼ cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup chopped strawberries
Note: If using fresh strawberries, place in the freezer for about 20 minutes so the fold nicely into the dough.
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Set aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, Monkfruit, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chunks.
3. In a separate, small bowl whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla. Add mixture to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter. Mix gently until the dough just starts to come together. Do not over mix the dough.
4. Gently fold in the strawberries until well distributed.
5. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and pat in a circle, 6 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 even wedges. Separate carefully and space out on the baking sheet.
8. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and just set. Remove and let cool on the pan.
9. Drizzle scones with melted chocolate once cooled. (I melted 17g of dark chocolate in the microwave and drizzled with a spoon).
Nutritional Information: coming ...