Sunflower Seed Flour Blueberry Streusel Muffins | Keto | Low Carb | Gluten-Free
Updated: Jul 11, 2022
I have been dabbling in baking and cooking with sunflower seed flour. Sunflower Seed Flour is a nut-free flour alternative used in baking and cooking gluten-free, keto, paleo, and low carb baked goods and other foods. It is a great super food filled with protein, fiber and vitamins. I took my Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffin recipe and modified a bit by adding sunflower seed flour to it. These Sunflower Seed Flour Blueberry Streusel Muffins are made with a combination of Sunflower Seed Flour and almond flour. The two flours used together made a light fluffy and very moist muffin. In my opinion one of the best homemade keto muffin that I've made from scratch. Some have made their own sunflower seed flour but I I haven't ventured that far. I have been using Think Eat Live's Sunflower Seed Flour in a variety of recipes, and I have had wonderful results baking and cooking with it. Their sunflower seed flour is well worth a try for those you that bake and cook a grain-free and gluten free foods. Be sure to check out my Almond Joy Sunflour Muffins as well - these muffins are made with all sunflower seed flour.
Sunflower Seed Flour Blueberry Streusel Muffins
1 3/4 cups Almond Flour Fine Ground
1/4 cup Sunflour (Sunflour by Think Eat Live)
2 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
5 teaspoons sweetener such as Granulated Swerve 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup Fresh of Frozen Blueberries
1/4 teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Swerve (or other sugar substitute)
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
Whisk together the almond flour, sunflower seed flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and lemon zest. Work in the butter, mixing until coarse crumbs form.
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Zest the lemon and set side. Melt butter, set aside to allow to cool.
3. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed.
4. Add all other ingredients into the mixing bowl with eggs and mix until well combined.
5. In a 12-cup muffin pan, fill each paper-lined muffin cup two-thirds full.
7. Top each muffin with a streusel topping (about 1 heaping teaspoon on each muffin).
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes. (until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean)
Nutrition Info: Protein 7.5g, Fiber 3.2g, Carbs 6.7g (3.5g net carbs), Calories 289, Fat 26.7g