Beef Enchiladas with Spanish Cauliflower Rice | Low Carb | Gluten Free
Updated: May 5, 2019
Try these easy, cheesy ground Beef Enchiladas, complete with Spanish Cauliflower Rice. To make this great dish lower in carbs, I used Mission™ Carb Balance Tortillas. Each stuffed with perfectly seasoned ground beef, cheese, and enchilada sauce. For a little extra spice I topped each with sliced fresh jalapeno peppers.
The Spanish Cauliflower Rice is real simple to make with just a few ingredients. Made on the stove top by sauteing fresh or frozen cauliflower and jalapeno (or green bell) pepper, season with cumin, chili powder, and tomato sauce.
Enchiladas can be make ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until time to bake.
Beef Enchiladas & Spanish Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Beef Enchiladas
2 lb ground beef (I like 80/20)
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 T dried onion flakes
salt & pepper to taste
16 oz enchilada sauce (Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce is my favorite)
1 package (8.2 oz) Mission™ Carb Balance tortillas (use whole wheat, only 4g net carbs each)
2 to 3 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (or a combination of both)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add dried onion, chili powder, oregano, cuin, salt, pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce (enough just make the beef moist).
3. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish.
4. Spread 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with a couple tablespoons of cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with sliced fresh jalapeno peppers (you can use jarred or canned jalapeno slices)
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; add toppings (sour cream, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, green onions, etc.)
Spanish Cauliflower Rice
1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup tomato sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pepper. Saute until onions are almost soft. 5-8 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower rice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for about 5-6 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
3. Slowly stir in the tomato sauce.
4. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add more seasonings to taste.
5. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.