Homemade Keto Sloppy Joes Sandwich
Here is a weeknight dinner idea for you all to put on your menu this week. Keto Sloppy Joes and Mock Mac N Cheese. Both recipes are delicious and simple to make. I served the Sloppy Joes on Cloud Bread with some melted provolone cheese. All I can say is delicious! I call these HERwich (my keto-fied version of the Manwich : ). The Mock Mac N Cheese is so cheesy and decadent. You will be surprised what I used for 'noodles' in this dish. Hint: it is a veggie. Head down the page here to the recipe and you will find out what I used as a noodle alternative.
Homemade Keto Sloppy Joes and Mock Mac N Cheese
Keto Sloppy Joes: Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoons tomato paste
5.5 oz. can v-8 juice
2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 to 2 teaspoon sweetener, such as Swerve (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2. Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and sweetener; mix. Add the in V-8 juice, tomato paste, red wine vinegar. Mix thoroughly. 3. Add in water gradually. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes until liquid is reduced. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on Cloud Bread, or any low car / keto-friendly Bread. Such as Great Low Carb Bread Company's Onion Pockets.
Cloud Bread Recipe:
https://www.debbiemakeslowcarbdelicious.com/post/cloud-bread-heaven-keto-low-carb Mock Mac N Cheese Ingredients:
4 cups fresh yellow string beans
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Anthony's powdered cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1. Clean and remove tips from the yellow string beans.
2. Cut the yellow beans into thirds (or bite size pieces.
3. In a large pan, bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil. Add in the cut yellow string beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until just for tender.
4. In the meantime, make the cheese sauce.
5. Add the heavy cream, and butter to a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the butter is melted.
6. Whisk in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
7. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheddar and mozzarella cheese until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
8. When the yellow beans are cooked, drain well and place in a serving bowl.
Nutritional Information: coming ...