Hot Cheesy Onion Dip | Keto | Low Carb
Updated: Jun 26
The ultimate crowd pleasing party dip! This Cheesy Baked Onion Dip is made with sweet onion and a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. It's rich, creamy, cheesy and melts in your mouth. It is always hit when I serve at parties or bring to any type of gathering. Whether it be a picnic, game night, family gathering, Memorial Day, July 4th, Christmas, or any holiday entertaining. Everyone will beg you for this recipe! Ideally, you should use Vidalia onions but they don't come into season until late spring so just get a sweet yellow onion and you'll be good to go. You can use whatever cheeses you like I happen to be set on combining cheddar and mozzarella cheese. I also like Swiss cheese and mozzarella cheeses. Serve with your favorite crackers and cut up veggies. If you are looking for a low carb cracker, I recommend my fathead cracker recipe (it's super easy). Both the dip and cracker recipes follow.
Hot Cheesy Onion Dip
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or a combo of cheddar and mozzarella cheese - I did the combo)
1 cup sweet onion, chopped (such as Vidalia)
Note: Swiss and Mozzarella is another great combination of cheeses to use.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
2. Place onion cheese mixture in a medium size baking dish or small casserole. Bake 350 for about 25 mins or until bubbly and just starting to brown.
2 cups grated whole milk mozzarella (I use shredded that comes in a bag)
2 tablespoons cream cheese
3/4 cup finely ground almond flour
1 large egg
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or any seasoning you like, can omit)
1/4 teaspoon salt (can add more or less to your taste)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth.
3. Add in almond flour, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well (it will be bit dry and stiff). Then add in the and mix until well combined.
4. Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Top with a second sheet of parchment. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut dough into 1-inch squares.
6. Transfer cut dough to a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 5 minutes, flip the crackers, and bake for 5 minutes more.
Nutritional Information: coming ,..