Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffins | Low Carb | Keto | Gluten-Free
Updated: Mar 28, 2019
These Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffins are loaded with goodness, bursting with sweet blueberries and a touch of lemon and them topped with a streusel crumb topping. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert. Each muffin is only 3.5g net carbs and contain 7.5g of protein. They are made with almond flour, flaxseed meal, eggs, lemon, and fresh blueberries. They are moist, delicate, and not egg-y or dense like some low carb muffins can be.
An alternative to blueberries would be to raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries. You could also do a mix of berries, such as blackberries and raspberries. mmm!
Lemon Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
1 3/4 Cups Almond Flour, Fine Ground *
1/4 Cup Almond Meal (this is different than Fine Ground Almond Flour)*
2 T Flaxseed Meal (optional. It does add fiber and protein, and a bit of texture to the muffins). Could use ground flaxseeds here
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
5 tsp Granulated Swerve (or more to taste)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
1 tsp Lemon Juice
*(You may use 2 cups fine ground almond flour and omit the almond meal. The almond meal adds a nice texture to the muffins but will be fine if you don't use).
2 T Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Almond Flour, Fine Ground
1 1/2 T Granulated Swerve
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1 T Coconut Flour
Mix all ingredients together until a crumbly dough forms. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Zest lemon and melt butter
3. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed
4. Add all other ingredients into the mixing bowl with eggs and mix until well combined
5. Line a muffin try with paper wrappers. Fill each muffin 3/4 full
6. Top each muffin with a streusel topping (about 1 heaping teaspoon each)
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or(until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and serve as or try with a pat of Kerrygold butter.
NOTE: Check muffins after 10 minutes, if they streusel topping is starting to brown too fast, cover with foil and continue to bake.
Calories 289 Fat 26.7g Protein 7.5g Fiber 3.2g, Carbs 6.7g Net Carbs 3.5g