Pizza, Pizza, Pizza ...
Updated: Jan 19, 2021
I tell all family and friends that if you are ever asked a million dollar question "What is Debbie's favorite food" the answer is PIZZA! It is my absolutely 100% favorite food to eat!! The best thing is, pizza is the one food that you can easily transform into low carb deliciousness. You will see ALOT of pizza posts here on my blog.
There a variety of ways to keep it low carb by the type of pizza crust you make, sauce, and your toppings . Which is so easy to do. I love fat head dough (recipe below) and is my usual go to when making pizza for family.
You can purchase a low carb pizza sauce (look the nutrition value on the back of the can/jar) or you can make your own.
As for toppings, pretty much anything that goes on top of a pizza is already low carb (cheese, meats, veggies). So this part ins not hard. Be creative. Make an "Everything Pizza", "Taco Pizza", "Chicken Bacon Ranch", "Veggie Loves", "Kale & Ricotta", etc.
Today I'm am featuring: Taco Pizza, and an Everything Pizza. Yum! Yum! and Yum!
Top your fat head crust (recipe below) with a drizzle of Taco Sauce, Cooked Ground Beef Taco Meat, Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese, Bake. Then take out of the oven and top with Shredded Lettuce, Chopped Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Onion/Green Onions, Olives, etc. (however you like tacos)
Top you fat head crust (recipe below) with a low carb Pizza Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage, Green Peppers, and Onions (should be some mushrooms on her too but forgot)
Fat Head PIZZA!
Fat Head Pizza Crust
Referred to as "Fat Head Pizza - The Holy Grail"
1 3/4 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
3/4 cups Almond Flour (I prefer fine grain almond flour)
2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
pinch Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary/ Garlic or other flavorings (optional)
1. Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
2. Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavorings, mix gently.
4. Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
5. Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
6. Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
7. To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
8. Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.