Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins | Lowcarb | Gluten-Free | Keto
Updated: Jun 18, 2022
Good Morning Loves! These FANTASTIC Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are great way to start the day! All the tastes of a chocolate covered strawberry in muffin form! They pair wonderfully with a cup of tea or coffee. Perfect for breakfast or a mid afternoon snack.
The muffin base is made with Kawaii Treats and Eats Bakery Style Muffin Mix. I added in fresh strawberries that I picked up from the farmer's market (which are prime season right now for us in New York state), ChocZero sugar-free milk chocolate chips, and a bit of OOO Flavors Strawberry Flavoring to enhance the strawberry flavor.
Before baking, I top the muffins with a Strawberry Streusel Topping - and yes, streusel topping is always a must on all of my muffins (blueberry, etc.). The topping for these muffins is made with butter, almond flour, dried unsweetened strawberries, and sweetener. These are a must try!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffin Base
6 Tbsp melted butter 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries, about 2.5 oz 1/4 cup ChocZero milk chocolate chips (Use discount code: DEBBIE10) Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla extract, strawberry flavoring (or extract), and melted butter. 2. Pour in the package of muffin mix and gently mix just until combined (don't over mix).
3. Fold in chopped fresh strawberries and chocolate chips.
4. Add the muffin mixture to 8-9 muffin cups. While the muffins sit, make Strawberry Streusel Topping.
Strawberry Crumb Topping:
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup almond flour
1 Tbsp sweetener such as Sweet Logic
1 Tbsp crushed, unsweetened, dried strawberries (make your own, or I purchase at Aldi)
1 heaping Tbsp Choc Zero milk chocolate chips
Directions: 1. In a small bowl mix together all streusel ingredients until a crumb forms.
2. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the muffins.
Bake Muffins: 1. Place Muffins in a preheated oven. Bake 20-22 minutes.
2. Half way through the baking cycle lightly place a sheet of foil over the muffins to prevent the topping from burning. Enjoy! DOWNLOAD AND PRINT RECIPE:
Nutritional Information: coming...